Thursday, May 19, 2011

Pet Peeve of the Day

I work at a desk. In the corner of my desk there is a mug full of (let me count) TEN pens for other people to use. I HATE when people either 1) ask to use the pen in my hand or even worse 2) REACH for and GRAB the pen out of my hand. There are pens RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU!

It has become so common that I am even getting annoyed by saying, "There are pens right there for you to use."

I've had many thoughts as to how to curb this: somehow fashion a pen that has a live electrical source so that it can shock anyone who tries to grab my pen, create a pair of handcuffs with one side fit for a wrist and the other side tiny enough to securely hold on to a pen, or lick my pen right in front of other people so they won't try and grab it (I decided that wouldn't stop anyone).

Alas, I will probably have to continue to direct people to the mug of pens right in front of them until I can rig it so a Acme anvil drops out of the sky anytime they try to take my pen.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I can work on the pen thing. I know a guy who has an electrical hook-up. I'll explain later.

    ReplyDelete