Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Nanny 2.0

Since someone commented on this blog about the Nanny today, I figured I'd post an update about how she's doing. According to Perez Hilton, Fran Drescher (from TV's The Nanny), returned to television with big ratings for her new show Happily Divorced.

They said she had 4.4 million viewers. Now, I don't pretend to understand this whole ratings business, but I tend to believe the famous people when they say something received good ratings. However, having just read Bossypants, that same amount of viewers was apparently considered not-so-good ratings for 30 Rock by Ms. Tina Fey. I guess that maybe Tina, being on network TV, had different standards than Fran being on TV Land.

I had completely forgotten about Happily Divorced coming out. I'll have to check my TV listings and set my DVR to record her show.

Did anyone happen to catch it? Thoughts?

(Side note: I was watching The Nanny the other night as I drifted off to sleep and realized that her character--depending on which episode you watched--was near my age on that show. Just weird. Kind of like when I watch reruns of Beverly Hills, 90210 and realize I am severely older than them. I have the same weird feeling when I realize college football players are just kids and are dealing with all that pressure. Makes me feel old and lame. When I catch up with Frasier, then I'll shoot myself.)

<3,
UB

2 comments:

  1. The Nanny never aged. If you remember, she was "29" for the entire length of the show. As will I be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This weekend my friend told me his dad was in love with the Nanny/Fran and thought she was the most perfect woman ever.

    ReplyDelete