Friday, March 25, 2011

Good Help is Hard to Find

I was going to be out of the office potentially all day because of a work thing at a different location. So the day before, I sent an email to [secretary] telling her what I needed her to do while I was gone. The email was very detailed and even included photo illustration to aid her in finding the stuff she needed to do (because I know from previous experience that she's stupid).

She emailed me a little before noon to tell me that she had been so busy answering the phones that she hadn't be able to do much of [task]. She was going to go get coffee and then would be back to work on [task]. 

I got done with my work thing around 1:30. I knew that [secretary] probably wouldn't be done with her work yet, so I stayed away to give her more time to complete it. I returned to the office at 3pm. 

SHE HAD NOT TOUCHED [TASK]. At all. Everything was still stacked where it was on Wednesday. Fine if the phone is ringing off the hook that you cannot get up from your desk and move about the office. Fine. But 50% of the task can be accomplished from your desk without getting up. AND (!) we have phones with caller ID and call logs. Between 9:22 and 3:00 when I got back, there were 19 phone calls. That's one call every 17 minutes. That is hardly ringing off the hook. 

She has NO excuse. I want her fired. 

P.S.
Everyone else in my company knows she sucks too. How do I know this? My boss is having me do something today that she (in theory) should be capable of doing. But she can't. If we cannot depend on her, shouldn't she be fired? It's only fair. 

No comments:

Post a Comment