Sunday, March 20, 2011

Speed

Don't ask me why, but Speed, starring Keanu Reeves is one of my all time favorite boy movies.  The kind of movie that has everything you could want:

1.) The super hot SWAT guy that you would sled out of a bus for
2.) The Wildcat who rocks a jumper and ankle socks and still gets the super hot SWAT guy
3.) The big Mexican guy.
4.) The tourist.
5.) The asian lady.
6.) The lady with 1950s glasses.
7.) The "I didn't mean to shoot the guy" guy.

This film also includes classic lines like "shoot the hostage", "don't get dead", "bomb on bus" and "I guess he lost his head".

I salute you, Speed.  You and super hot Keanu with his super hot arms. You taught me that I could die from falling through an elevator, exploding on a bus or being decapitated on a subway train. You reminded me that you cannot just pull your hands through handcuffs to get them off. You also taught me that if someone is filming you and tells you not to move, DO NOT PUT DOWN YOUR PURSE.

It's nearly midnight and I've seen this movie 57 times, but I have to know how it ends. Apparently, the moral of the story is, if you're in a perilous situation and you hug Keanu Reeves, everything will be ok. And that's ok with me.


2 comments:

  1. I have never seen this movie. Perhaps I should. Movie night?
    (I'm extremely movie-deprived.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. when i was waiting for the bus the other day i thought, "the damn bus i'm waiting for better have a bomb on it set by dennis hopper and keanu better hurry up and save it"

    ReplyDelete