Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Out of Office

If you send an email to my work and my automatic Out of Office message gets back to you and states I won't be back in the office until March 23, please don't send me the same email three more times before March 23. That just means I won't actually respond to you until March 27 - cause you are annoying.

UPDATE: I went back and read the emails this person sent. I didn't realize that the third one involved begging: "Please get back to me asap. I really need your help with this." Still not going to make me respond while on vacation [I shouldn't even be checking my email while on vacation. ugh.] . Also, if you are smart enough to find my information on our website, can't you find the website or phone number for someone not on vacation?

Sorry to sound so hateful towards this person who really needs my help with something, but I got a lot more angry when I read that this person wanted me to call them back, "after work hours." No. If you aren't at work then I probably aren't either. However, I wouldn't know that since you didn't include your work hours. Do you work the night shift somewhere or do you work 8-5 like I do? If that is the case, do you want me to stay til 6 (just so I won't call you while commuting) just for you?

I'm also dreading tomorrow because I bet this person also left me about 3 voicemails.

1 comment:

  1. Though I am a workaholic, I have out of office messages that basically say "I'm not here. Call/email this other person if you expect someone to respond." That way, so not my problem.

    ReplyDelete