Tuesday, March 15, 2011

How dumb are you?!?!

I had an appointment for my client and I to meet with [super important business person]. After 25 minutes [super important business person] had not shown up. I called [super important business person] because, like I said, it was super important. 

"Hi, I was checking to see if you were on your way my to my office."

"I was there and no one was there. I rang the door bell."

"We don't have a door bell, so I don't think you were here."

"The one at [location]."

"Yeah. I've been here since 8:30. Did you knock on the door?"

"The blinds were open, but no one ever answered the door."

"Did you try calling my office?"

"No. I didn't have my computer since I was in my truck. I just got to my office. I can come back. It's only 15 minutes away."

"That would be greatly appreciated. And it's a business so you can just walk in."

"Well, it wasn't labeled, so I was nervous."

"Well I'm telling you, it's a business; you can just walk in."

 
To be fair, here is a picture of our "doorbell." The one that after our phone conversation I went outside and discovered. In case you can't tell from the black and white photo, it has been painted over and covered in dust since the Mesozoic Era. I wish I could capture the feeling of pushing the button. It does not FEEL like a working doorbell. Why would a WORKING doorbell be painted over and crusty? When you pushed the button, did you hear it ring? And why would a BUSINESS (like mine) have a doorbell? 

Also, do you just go, "Oh, I guess nobody is home. [shrug]" or do you, like a non-lazy, responsible person would, call the business/business-person you were supposed to meet with about the super important issue and find out where they are? You didn't have your computer? So what?! You have an iPhone AND a Blackberry. PICK ONE and Google it. I called you numerous times and left you messages with my number. You should be able to find it in your phone(s). I also sent you numerous emails that contain my contact information. I know for a fact that your email goes to your phone(s). You also have an assistant back at YOUR office who you can call that has my contact information. You and/or your assistant also have my client's contact information. I get that you may think my client is a flake and bailed on you, but I'm a [professional] for crying out loud. 

Our office didn't have a sign so you were nervous?! You are a [job title]. If you are scared of a clean, professional, wholesome business at [location] during the daylight, then you should not be a [job title]. Plain and simple. Boom, fired.

1 comment:

  1. if i put a non-working doorbell outside of my office, will people go away? cause that sounds genius. "I saw you in there, but you didn't answer the doorbell so I thought maybe you were a mirage."

    ReplyDelete